MATC offers everything you need for the PBN (Performance Based Navigation) certification on your Instrument Rating. From August 2018 this is required in order to legally fly PBN operations (i.e. using GPS on an IFR flight). Late 2020 it will no longer be possible to hold an IR without the PBN. Our IR courses already include the PBN.
Our PBN course consists of the following elements:
- Theory Course and exam (half day)
- PBN flight training on the simulator using the GTN 650 GPS
- An IR prof check with PBN on the simulator
- based on PBN specific and recent previous experience the HT may give an exemption for (part of) the training requirement
- the prof check is required to add the PBN to your licence, but where you do the prof check is up to you.
Once a month we run a theory course. Practical training and prof checks will be scheduled by the HT. Where possible we try to accommodate prof checks on the same day for candidates that do not require training, but this is not guaranteed.
Course dates will be published on our website.
Use the form on this page if you want to know more, or if you want to sign up for the next course.